Its time for the Karen Burnistons design team challenge, and this months challenge is to create a card using one of the “Rubber Band Pop Up” die sets. So our options are- any of the Surprise Balls, the Surprise Cube, or the Bam box. I chose to use 3 Surprise cubes and stack them as shown. I know the foil paper looks like purple but it is actually pink, I also used a pretty pink glitter cardstock and and a bubble patterned paper. I use hollographic cardstock for inside the mirrors, and the wine glass.
I didn’t think to far out of the box for this one as Karen has an amazing tutorial and I followed her directions.
1- card stock cut to 5 1/12 x 12” scored at 6” and 6 1/4”
2- I decided to use the flap from the Long Flap and closure dieset. I centred it and trimmed it in as a shown as the card is only 5 1/2” wide.
3- the shorter side will be in the top, add the flap to the longer side.
4- I had bought what I thought was foil cardstock but it was actually foil adhesive sheets. I don’t always trust adhesives on these types of things so I added the foil to the cardstock using double sided adhesive sheets. Unfortunately I had a few air bubbles ☹️. I added a 5 1/4” x 5 1/4” piece to the card front.
5- I added a light grey 5”x5” piece of cardstock to the card front and added 2 magnets.
6- add 2 magnets to the flap
7- using the same technique I added pink foil to the inside of the card. I also used added Grey card stock. I used the Border Blends trims to cut Grey cardstock borders. I also covered both sides of the flap with grey cardstock, I die cut the piece that fits over the flap.
8- I made 3 Cubes. I will link to Karen’s video below
9- I added 2 cubes making sure they fold down to the back
10- add the third cube making sure it folds to the front, only adhere it to one of the cubes. I chose the one on the left.
11- I die cut pieces from the Dolled up charms, Beach Charms, Wine Charms, Slim Frames and Word set 8 Congrats. I made the mascara wand by adding three wands from the Princess and Mermaid set.
12- I cut one Princess from the Princess and Mermaid die set and gave her a mud mask
13- I diecut another square from the foil lined cardtock and the bubble paper, I made sure to cover the magnets. I used an oval from the Crosshatch oval set and started adding my pieces.
14- I die cut a mermaid body trimming off the the top and bottom to make it look like a towel.
I added all the pieces, and some hearts (which ever diesets were on the table) and some 1/2 bubbles
I only used Karen Burniston diesets
Surprise Cube Karens video can be found here